Monday, July 20, 2009

2,000+ Fun Miles & Counting

Hey everyone,

What a great adventure! Although challenging, rolling Solo has it's advantages like meeting all you great people along the way. I dig how countless supporters approach me wondering who, what and were I am going. It's great to be connected to the world community again.

Favorites:

The 1st weeks favorite characters award goes to Jimmy K. Thanks Jimmy for introducing me to practically the entire town of Stanley, ID. I get why your a favorite character in this old western Sawtooth town. Sign me up for "Jimmy Time," anytime!


Favorite pie aware goes to Elk Mountain in Stanley for their to die for blackberry pie. I had mine as an"appetizer" of course. BC berry season, here I come. It was sooo good I had the strawberry rhubarb for desert.

Favorite stretch of road award goes to the entire 2,000+ mile rought. This was the most scenic and windey roll I have seen yet. North from Stanley all the twisty way Thur Missoula, over to Bonner's Ferry boarder crossing, to Kooteney Lake (Staying at the nudist beach for two nights right). Then Nelson, BC, Nakusp ending with a grand finally of the Duffy Lake Pass and into Whistler and Squamish. The Jaffrea Glacier is in good shape this year. White frozen and pristine.

Greatest act of kindness goes to the Flat Head Res cop. After chasing me for 60 miles in the pouring rain, he pulled me over to make sure that I was not the biker who passed in the 25 mph construction zone back yonder. " NO Officer that would not be me." We ended up chatting and laughing about living life long dreams. Point well taken offi sir. I will try to behave.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a great time out on the road. I liked the story about the cop and I am soooo jealous that you will be amongst all those blackberries. By the way, did you know that my nickname is "listella"? Can't wait to read what your next week will bring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. K James, nudies? Isn't BC a bit cold for baring it all? Did you join in? I've been to a nude beach on NaPali Coast, Kauai - a bit weird, but the nicest people you will ever meet. I guess clothes DON'T make the man. Hoping you are safe - be sure to gorge on blackberries for us all! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete